This series entitled “Emojis” is a 6-week study where kids will learn about a different emotion each week. Kids will learn how Jesus handled His emotions and what He taught about emotions while He was on earth. The weekly curriculum content for this series includes a theme verse, two game options, a takeaway statement, a message/object lesson, a character skit, small group discussion questions, review questions, and a family take-home card. A bumper video and graphic slides for the theme, games, takeaways, and review questions are provided as well.
Emoji Series Overview
- Emoji – Happy
- Bible Story – Jesus Send Disciples (Luke 10)
- Today’s Takeaway – I am happy when I tell others about Jesus.
- Weekly Verse – “I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him.” (Romans 15:13a)
- Emoji – Sad
- Bible Story – Jesus and Lazarus (John 11)
- Today’s Takeaway – I am sad when the people I care about are sad.
- Weekly Verse – “Frustration is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart.” (Ecclesiastes 7:3)
- Emoji – Angry
- Bible Story – Jesus Clears the Temple (John 2:13-16)
- Today’s Takeaway – I get angry sometimes, but I can control it.
- Weekly Verse – “Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not give the devil an opportunity.” (Ephesians 4:26-27)
- Emoji – Worried
- Bible Story – Jesus Teaches on Worry (Matthew 6:25-34)
- Today’s Takeaway – I don’t need to worry because God knows my needs.
- Weekly Verse – “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.” (Philippians 4:6)
- Emoji – Pride
- Bible Story – Jesus Hangs out with “Scum” (Mark 2:13-17)
- Today’s Takeaway – I need to lose the pride and stay humble.
- Weekly Verse – “Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.” (Philippians 2:3)
- Emoji – Love
- Bible Story – Jesus Loves His Enemies (Matthew 5:38-47)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can love others even when they don’t like me.
- Weekly Verse – “Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.” (1 Peter 4:8)
Emoji Pinterest Board – Check out my Emoji Series Pinterest board for more great ideas for snacks, crafts, and games to go along with the series.
Emoji Set Design – Head over to my set design page to find ideas for decorating your environment for the theme.
Emoji Verse Song – We love using Jumpstart3 music to teach our kids the theme verses for our series. We used Luke 2:52 for the Emoji Series. You will have to purchase this song to use in your ministry, but it is worth it. Jumpstart3 offers options for hand motions and lyric videos for all their songs as well.