This series entitled “Fearless” is a 6-week study on how to face your fears with God’s help. Each week focuses on a different person/people facing their fears in the Bible. Some of them chose to run away from their fears, while other chose to stand their ground. It is a great curriculum to use around Halloween or any time of the year. The weekly curriculum content for this series includes a theme verse, two game options, a takeaway statement, a message/object lesson, a character skit, review questions, and a family take-home card. I have also added a small group portion to the curriculum. A bumper video and graphic slides for the theme, games, takeaways, and review questions are provided as well.
Fearless Curriculum Overview:
- Bible Story – Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego (Daniel 3:1-30)
- Today’s Takeaway – Fear has no power when God is on your side!
- Weekly Verse – “When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.” (Psalm 56:3)
- Bible Story – Moses at the burning bush (Exodus 3-4:17)
- Today’s Takeaway – Fear makes excuses, but God gives us what we need!
- Weekly Verse – “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
- Bible Story – Benaiah chases a lion (2 Samuel 23:20-23)
- Today’s Takeaway – Fear can’t stop us when we are focused on God!
- Weekly Verse – “Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.” (Philippians 4:8)
- Bible Story – 12 Israelite spies (Numbers 13-14)
- Today’s Takeaway – Fear can’t stop us, if we focus on God’s plan!
- Weekly Verse – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Bible Story – Rahab and Jericho (Joshua 2; 6:17-25)
- Today’s Takeaway – Fear creeps in, but God gives us the courage to keep going!
- Weekly Verse – “So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)
- Bible Story – Jonah, the Runaway (Jonah 1-4)
- Today’s Takeaway – Fear says no, but God says go!
- Weekly Verse – “The Lord is my light and my salvation — so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?” (Psalm 27:1)
Fearless Pinterest Board – Check out my fearless series Pinterest board for more great ideas for snacks, crafts, and games to go along with the series.
Fearless Set Design – Head over to my set design page to find ideas for decorating your environment for the theme.
Fearless Verse Song – We love using Jumpstart3 music to teach our kids the theme verses for our series. We used 1 Corinthians 16:13 to go along with our Fearless Series, and our kids loved it. You will have to purchase it to use in your ministry, but it is worth it. Even our youth leaders loved the song.
Fear Factor Lock-in – We even decided to do an entire over night event to go along with this series. Check out the post for the lesson, games, activities, food and movies we included in this event.
The download below includes everything you need to get started with the Fearless Series in your kid’s ministry.
Stay tuned for my next series, Thank You Notes to God, coming soon. In the Thank You Notes to God Series, kids will be reminded to stop and thank God for all the things He has done for them. It is a 4-week series with an additional two weeks of optional Christmas content.