Spiritual Warfare is a 6-week series where kids will learn about a different piece of the armor of God each week. They will learn the importance of putting on the full armor of God every day to take their stand against the devil’s schemes.
Series Verse: “Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” (Ephesians 6:14-17 NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verse
- A Takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Printable service notes
- Bible Story – The Word = Truth (John 17:13-20 NLT)
- Piece of Armor – Belt of Truth
- Today’s Takeaway – I can find the truth in God’s Word.
- Weekly Verse – “Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth.” (John 17:17 NLT)
- Bible Story – Faith = Righteousness (Romans 4:1-5 NLT)
- Piece of Armor – Breastplate of Righteousness
- Today’s Takeaway – I am righteous because of my faith in God.
- Weekly Verse – “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” (Matthew 6:33 NLT)
- Bible Story – Get Your Shoes On! (Romans 10:13-17 NLT)
- Piece of Armor – Shoes of Peace
- Today’s Takeaway – I need to be ready to share the gospel with others.
- Weekly Verse – “How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news, the good news of peace and salvation.” (Isaiah 52:7a NLT)
- Bible Story – Don’t let your shield down! (Matthew 14:24-31 NLT)
- Piece of Armor – Shield of Faith
- Today’s Takeaway – I will put my faith in God because He is in control.
- Weekly Verse – “Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.” (Hebrews 11:1 NLT)
- Bible Story – Check Your Thoughts (1 Peter1:13-16; Philippians 4:8-9 NLT)
- Piece of Armor – Helmet of Salvation
- Today’s Takeaway – I need to check my thoughts and fix them on God.
- Weekly Verse – “But let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation.” (1 Thessalonians 5:8 NLT)
- Bible Story – Sword = Word of God (2 Timothy 3:12-17 NLT)
- Piece of Armor – Sword of the Spirit
- Today’s Takeaway – I should know God’s Word and be ready to use it.
- Weekly Verse – “For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit.” (Hebrews 4:12a NLT)